Pages

4.14.2010

Poetry time

Once in a while I get a desire to write poetry.  Usually it goes away but this one would not let me be.

I heard


I wrote
and I heard
 I heard truth.
Truth
 had always been there.
Truth
is always there.
Why didn’t I see truth before?
Why couldn’t I hear truth before?
Truth had nudged me for decades.
I just nudged truth back.
 Truth would not go away.
Truth haunted me.
I knew not what truth was.
truth was in a place I cared not look.
truth was in a place I dared not look.
 I never thought to look for truth 
through my pen,
through my grit
through my grime.
I never dared to look for truth 
through my pen,
through my grit
through my grime.

Not until
I wrote and I wrote and I wrote
about
the things that are
the things that aren’t
about
the things that may
the things that might
that
truth was heard.

Truth spoke to me
with 
words from a raining cloud.
Truth spoke to me
with
 words from the sizzling lightning
burning across the sky
blazing a path
that I was afraid to walk.

The words
dripping blood and ink
awakened
my mind,
my eyes,
my heart
my soul.

truth spoke to me
and now
I have 
the strength
to walk the path
of sizzling lightning.
I am
 not afraid
of falling any more.

2 comments:

JP/deb said...

For me this beautifully described the cathartic nature of writing.

sg beatty said...

Thanks deb...I appreciate that you took the time to read and comment.

About Me

My photo
So Cal, United States
I am an apprentice writer of short stories and I also attempt a little poetry.