Pages

2.16.2015

Songs of the dead


I hear the voices of
the dead.
 sing the songs of life.

Their songs of life
follow me.
I need to stop and listen.

Their songs are
in the breeze
that rustles the light of the stars

Their songs are
in the morning
when the sun says hello

Their songs are
 the choruses of calm and peace
dancing in the meadows

I hear their songs
above the red rock canyons.
 wafting in the wind.

Their songs
sing to me
through the hawks that soar above

their songs
sing to me
through the lizards that flit across the rocks

I  walk through my life and
listen to their voices.
 sing the songs of nature.

It is the force that creates my soul.
Without their voices

my soul would be lost.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
So Cal, United States
I am an apprentice writer of short stories and I also attempt a little poetry.