Pages

2.24.2015

another day of thoughts


Al Capone's Car...supposedly used by President Roosevelt for transportation when responding to the Japaneses attack on Pearl harbor...

Not true for several reasons...pictures prove and logically saying the the government didn't have enough money to get a car that would sufficiently protect our president...hey...we were not a third world country then..maybe now, but not then...don believe the Capone car story going around the net...

////

SAT scores...did you know

African Americans get 240 points added to their scores
Mexican Americans get 180 points added to their scores
Asians Americans get 40 points deducted from their scores

...first I must confess that the point amount may be off a few as I couldn't find that info on the web...but the points are close and the idea is there and it is true that Black Americans and Mexican Americans do get points added and Asian Americans get points deducted..

...second...who do we want running America?...the smartest?...or?...

I always thought that if someone was smarter than me I would hire that person to run my store..or work for that person because my chances of doing better would be....well I guess better.

...What is that principle...oh yes...The Peterson principle..."Eventually people get promoted beyond their ability to do the job"...

...so...if we start with someone who does not have the capability of managing their first job...my on my...what happens when they are moved further up the line?...

Maybe it would be better to educate all our young people and not have to pretend they are what they are not..what about it Washington?...can we put some of our wealth into the youth of America...All the youth of America...

///

on gay rights..

interesting story the other day...successful New York gay woman wants her 6 year old daughter to be gay also..

Why?...better opportunities...according to mom...

brings up two questions in my mind...

first - I thought that being gay wasn't a choice...well is it?...or isn't it?

second - I thought I heard gay people saying that they couldn't or wouldn't raise their children to be gay...well..do you?...or don't you?..

I guess this falls under the category of everyone wants their children to be like them...

nothing wrong with that...unless of course, your a straight person upset about a gay child...then you're prejudice and have no understanding...

Hey mom...how about letting her be what she wants to be...as it should be with all children...accept and learn something about loving your fellow human human beings...even your children...do not take the prejudice you were raised with into our new world....

/////

just saying





No comments:

About Me

My photo
So Cal, United States
I am an apprentice writer of short stories and I also attempt a little poetry.