Pages

5.24.2009

Worry

I worry about me and I worry about you
I worry about the things I say and the things I do
I worry about day and I worry about night
I worry about doing and saying the thing that are right
I worry about the stars and
I worry about the sun
I worry about work and
I worry about fun
 I worry about the birds and I worry about the bees
I worry about the plants and I worry about the trees
I worry about my age and I worry about my health
I worry about taxes and I worry about wealth
I worry about the way I write and the way I think
I Worry that what I write will really stink
But most of all
I worry that worry will drive me to drink

16 comments:

blisshappens said...

BRILLIANT! think you just about covered everything there buddy! -Meg

Jennifer Hicks said...

you got it - worry is like a disease!

Old Grizz said...

Thanks to blisshappens and Jennifer Hicks for stopping by. I appreciate your comments.

quin browne said...

made me grin.

floreta said...

i'm glad to say i don't have this last worry! but worry is a depressant like alcohol

Old Grizz said...

quin-Thanks, glad I made you smile

Old Grizz said...

floreta - you are right. With this post I tried to point out how trivial to much worry can be. Thanks for reading and commenting.

Dee Martin said...

I think I will just have the drink and skip the worry LOL - enjoyed this very much :)

linda may said...

Sounds like we all do it eh!You are a wordsmith Grizz.

Old Grizz said...

Dee....I'll have one with you. Thanks for the visit.

Old Grizz said...

Thank you Linda for the kind words
wow...wordsmith, that's nice thanks

andy said...

Yeah, dead good, and I love the last line!

BJ Roan said...

Loved the ending! I too worry people will think my writing stinks!

Old Grizz said...

Andy
Thanks for the comment. I appreciated every word

Old Grizz said...

BJ
I guess it's only natural to worry about what we write. Thanks for dropping by

Anonymous said...

ha, I am going to experiment my thought, your post get me some good ideas, it's really amazing, thanks.

- Norman

About Me

My photo
So Cal, United States
I am an apprentice writer of short stories and I also attempt a little poetry.